mikced

Vidan airports with p3d v2/FTX Global/VEctor/LC Europe?

Hi

I enjoy the pictures and reviews of your airports and plan on purchase all of them today and get the free ones as well as I intend to start flying in Denmark :) I have looked through the forums and before I purchase I need to know first of all if they are fully compatible with P3dv2 (I have the migration tool so no problem for me to install them technically without FSX but in terms of the airports themselves buildings and so on, no conflict in p3dv2?) Also I need to know if they will work with the three Orbx products FTX Global, FTX Global Vector and FTX LC Europe, all of which I have and enjoy for the Denmark landscape.

Stort tack :)

Hälsningar
Mikael Cedergren
John
Site Admin

Re: Vidan airports with p3d v2/FTX Global/VEctor/LC Europe?

Hej Mikael

There are some issues with my sceneries in P3Dv2:

In Sonderborg X, Danish Airfields X - Sindal, Danish Airfields X - Saeby the hangars with hangar door animation are missing because of a backwards compatibility issue (the hangars are made with FS9 SDK) I have published a couple of patches, that solves the problems. With these patches installed, the hangars are present, but there is no hangar door animation. You can find the patches here:

http://www.vidandesign.com/support.html

In several of my sceneries (including Bornholm X and Sonderborg X) there is a problem with approach- and runway edge lights. This is also caused by a backwards compatibility issue with FS9 content. There is no fix for this problem at the moment, sorry.

My sceneries are not testet with FTX Global, Global Vector and FTX LC Europe, so I can not guarantee that they will work with these products without problems.

Med venlig hilsen

John

Og velkommen! :)
mikced

Hi John

I went ahead and purchased most all of your airports last night and had the most wonderful experience using the FTX products for vector/landclass and VoxATC for ATC for a 52 minutes flight from Aarhus to Sonderborg! :)

I have just one question. I am trying to update the AFCAD files for each airport to get the most correct ATC frequencies (Sonderborg has no Tower and no ATIS but only AFIS as I can see from real world charts and so on) Every airport also needs at least something for frequency in the AFCAD file or you cant use it with VoxATC. Is there a common radio frequency to use in Denmark for multicom between pilots on smaller non Towered and non AFIS airports? Also every time I update your airports in the afx editor with the correct frequencies they do appear correct in the simulator but I also get the default fsx buildings to appear in addition to your buildings. Any help how to update these files?

Thanks

Mike
John
Site Admin

Hi Mikael

All my airports and airfields are made with Airport Design Editor (FSX version). If you are making changes to the ADE file, I strongly recommend that you use Airport Design Editor, rather than AFX. Please remember to update to the latest version before you get started. There is an automatic update feature in ADE. And please remember to make a back up of my original ADE files and store them in a safe place ;)

Download Airport Design Editor here: http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854

I am not aware if there is a multicom frequency that is generally used in Denmark. Maybe you can simply select a frequency from the list, that you get, when you select Comms> Comms properties in Airport Design Editor?

Thank you for purchasing my sceneries! I'm glad to hear that they work well with your FTX products.

Venlig hilsen
John
John
Site Admin

I've made this short guide on how to add/modify multicom and other comms in Sonderborg X in ADE

Open ADE, choose version:

Select File > Open Airport from BGL:

Navigate to the Sonderborg X Scenery folder and select EKSB_ADEX_VD.bgl:

Sonderborg X ADE:

Select Lists > Comms:

Image'

Comms list:

Click the "Add" button and select Multicom:

Choose a frequency from the list and click "Save":

The updated comms list:

Save Airport:

Compile the ADE:

Copy the newly created bgl to the Sonderborg X Scenery folder.

Return to “General discussion”